27.9.09

I am an oak “The Oak Tree”

·

Note: Cross posted from [wp ridezstormz] Silent No More!.

Permalink

 

“The Oak Tree”

 

A mighty wind blew night and day.

It stole the oak tree’s leaves away,

Then snapped it’s boughs

and pulled it’s bark

until the oak was tired and stark.

 

But still the oak tree held its ground

while other trees fell all around….

The weary wind gave up and spoke,

“How can you still be standing, Oak?”

The oak tree said, “I know that you

can break each branch of mine in two,

carry each leaf away,

shake my limbs, and make me sway.

But I have roots stretched in the earth,

growing stronger since my birth.

You’ll never touch them, for you see,

they are the deepest part of me.

Until today, I wasn’t sure

of just how much I could endure.

But now I’ve found, with thanks to you,

I am stronger than

…I ever knew”

 

 

 

Do not go where the path may lead, go where there is no path....and leave a trail...[emerson]

Note: Cross posted from [wp ridezstormz] Silent No More!.

Permalink