31.7.11

Parrish vs. Price: Crisis in America's Family Courts

·

How could a parent who has a history of documented physical or sexual abuse to a child possibly gain custody?

Easy; it's profitable for (GAL's Psychs, FOC's) to legally 'traffic' children via family court.

Still, no word from my daughter in Russia.  She has supposedly been there since Friday, but I have not heard a word from her.  You would think that the Guardian Ad Litem that Judge Brodie appointed would let me know my daughter was safe, but nothing from her regarding my 12-year old's safety.



With the Casey Anthony verdict coming down last week, it makes one start to wonder about our family courts in Florida?  Is it just Florida, or across the Nation?  Today, I received a note from Linda Marie Sacks, a mother in Ormond Beach, Florida, whom you may have read about in one of my earlier Blogs.  Well, guess what?  The psychologist in her case, Dr. Deborah Day, actually provided false and misleading information to the Courts.  In her testimony, Dr. Day stated, "It is this examiner's opinion that child abuse has not been perpetuated in this case."  In fact, Dr. Day "dismissed all evidence of child abuse, and then thwarted the investigation by the police department and the Department of Children and Family."  In other words, Dr. Day violated, Linda Marie's constitutional rights to present evidence in hopes of protecting her children.  By coincidence, Dr. Day was also working on the Casey Anthony case.  Isn't it strange that in both cases, the children were the ones who "lost," while the ones who have the most money to pay the psychologists for their "favorable" testimony end up "winning?"



I am afraid that my case will be following these same avenues.  My former husband's counsel selected psychologist, Dr. Debra Carter, to conduct a custody evaluation to the tune of over $30,000 which he apparently is more than happy to pay.  When I had concerns, I was branded as uncooperative.  When I called to cancel an appointment because my 12-year old was nauseous and could not travel over two hours to the psychologist's office, I was again told I was uncooperative, and opposing counsel asked I be held in contempt of court, which Judge Brodie granted. 



So, I was a "bad parent" because I took my child to her regular doctor when she was ill, and did not attend Dr. Carter's appointment and subject the child to a psychiatric testing when she couldn't even eat or stand up?   On top of this, Dr. Carter made a report to Department of Children and Family after interviewing my 17-year old with unfounded allegations.  Apparently, Dr. Carter only wanted to talk about my daughter's step-father, and didn't say anything about her father and the documented abuse.  Rather, Dr. Carter wanted to shift the "blame" to my current husband rather than focusing on the pending child abuse charges of Mr. Parrish.  Shouldn't there be regulations regarding how these "professionals" are allowed to interview our children? It is disgrace, and what is this teaching our children?  Do our children grow up thinking that "abuse" is somehow justified and acceptable?  These "professionals" who are supposed to be protecting our children are masking over the abuse, and rather sending the message that it is fine, shifting the blame, and they should be accepting and not question.  What type of relationships will these children believe is normal?  Something must change.
Read more at www.juliepricechildrencrisiscourts.org