Note: Cross posted from [wp angelfury] A Human Rights Issue-Custodial Justice.
Looks good -- but where is the part about how batterers and abusers often get custody,
the years of exhausting and financially back-breaking litigation, the damage to the children, etc?
One in four American women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. October was Domestic Violence Awareness Month, which aims to educate the public about ending the cycle of violence - something that the Convicted Women Against Abuse (CWAA), the first group initiated and led by inmates in the US prison system, has been doing since 1989.
WMM new release SIN BY SILENCE by Olivia Klaus profiles the extraordinary women of CWAA, who have worked from behind prison walls to shatter misconceptions and change laws for battered women. This essential tool is the most comprehensive educational resource available on domestic violence and features more than two hours of bonus discussion videos, including:
* Violence and Abuse: What is Abuse?, Warning Signs, Why She Stays, A Batterer's Perspective, and more
* Law Enforcement and Corrections: Interviews with law enforcement leaders on their response to domestic violence and inmate and staff perspectives on the prison system
* Interviews with experts on abusive relationships
* Legal Aspects: CWAA founder Brenda Clubine's full hearing and interviews with a former juror and expert witness
"A powerful and compelling movie about injustice... Brenda['s] intelligence, passion, and determination to keep working until all battered women are released is deeply inspiring."- Nancy Lemon, J.D.; Author, Domestic Violence Law; Lecturer, Berkeley Law
View Trailer or learn more: http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c759.shtml
WMM is offering customers who purchase SIN BY SILENCE at full price any of the titles in the Ending the Silence: Violence Against Women collection for only $99. Related titles in this special collection include:
* LOVE, HONOUR & DISOBEY - Reveals domestic violence issues in Britain's black and ethnic minority communities through a group of women who have been working to combat abuse.
* VOICES HEARD SISTERS UNSEEN - An important call for multi-issue activism and an integrated response to services for battered women.
View full collection of films here: http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/special_collections.shtml#collect11
Take advantage of this email-only offer before December 31, 2009. Email email@example.com or call 212.925.0606 x360 and mention promo code SINB09L. Sorry, no web orders with this offer.
WOMEN MAKE MOVIES
Tel 212.925.0606 ext. 312SILENCE,resource,DOMESTIC,VIOLENCE,BATTERERS,ABUSERS,CUSTODY,litigation,children,American,lifetime,October,Month,cycle,Women,Against,Abuse,CWAA,prison,system,Olivia,Klaus,walls,tool,features,bonus,discussion,Signs,Batterer,Perspective,Enforcement,leaders,response,inmate,relationships,Legal,Brenda,Clubine,movie,injustice,intelligence,passion,determination,Nancy,Lemon,Author,Lecturer,Berkeley,View,Trailer,customers,collection,LOVE,HONOUR,DISOBEY,Britain,SISTERS,services,films,Take,advantage,December,Email,orders,promo,code,Sorry,Stephanie,Houghton,MAKE,MOVIES,inmates,misconceptions,Corrections,Aspects,filmcatalog,shtmlNote: Cross posted from [wp angelfury] A Human Rights Issue-Custodial Justice.