SIGN THE PETITION HERE:
Targeting: The President of the United States, The U.S. Senate, The U.S. House of Representatives, see more...
Started by: Kym Payne Lesley
There is a crisis in our nation's family courts. Judges are awarding child custody to abusers and pedophiles and punishing the safe parent who tries to protect the children from harm.
Have you ever heard the saying "Good Mamas don't get their kids taken away from them?" I heard it too. Well... there is a catch... Good Mamas that left really bad men DO IN FACT lose custody of their children... all of the time.... In turn, the statistics will ASTONISH AND OUTRAGE YOU!
The reason why we have all of the petitions against ANY kind of violence is because these perpetrators learned it from somewhere.... today our government, law makers, police force, etc teach young minds that they deserve to be abused until they become the abusers too. Violence is passable & rewarded in America.
If you know FOUR women, then you know someone who is going to experiece violence at some level in her life... and its your responsibility to sign and get four more people to sign it as well. If not, the world will stay ignorant and our kids will be trapped as victimizers or victims.
FACTS: Like Father Like Son, Like Mother Like Daughter
1. Witnessing violence between one’s parents or caretakers is the strongest risk factor of transmitting violent behavior from one generation to the next... by becoming the aggressor or the victim who has learned through life... its acceptable.
2.Boys who witness domestic violence are twice as likely to abuse their own partners and children when they become adults.
3. 30% to 60% of perpetrators of intimate partner violence also abuse children in the household.
4. 1.3 million physical assaults are reported by women who are abused by their intimate partner... and to make it worse, msot cases of domestic violence is never even reported.
5. Studies conducted by the National Center for State Courts (NCSC), looking solely at court records, have found documented evidence of domestic violence in 20-55% of contested custody cases.
6. A survey of battered women by the Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence found that courts awarded joint or sole custody to the alleged batterers 56-74% of the time (depending on the county). Many of these cases involved documented child abuse or adult abuse.
7. A study of 300 cases over a 10-year period in which the mother sought to protect the child from sexual abuse, found that 70% resulted in unsupervised visitation or shared custody; in 20% of the cases the mothers completely lost custody, and many of these lost all visitation rights.
8. Abusive fathers are twice as liekly to seek sole custody of children.
9. In 2010, we are close to the 100 DEATHS mark due to the Family Court System awarding sole custody or joint custody to Domestic Violence offenders.
Lenient Domestic Violence Laws: Why is our government scared of perpetrators?
If 9 out of 10 men that take mothers to court to obtain sole custody are domestic violence offenders... AND.... 70% of those perpetrators win sole custody... what is to become of our future?
Our children are dying at a rate of 5 a day due to child abuse. 75% are under the age of 4. That rate almost doubled since 1995... so have the rates of Domestic Violence Offenders who gain sole custody. This is our fault for not changing our world and saving our babies.
Women who are "good mothers trying to protect their children" are being removed from their children's lives or getting only supervised visitation.
Thousands of women are being muted by the Family Court System to not speak of her Domestic Violence experience. Saying the problem is "embarrassing or shaming the children" by the mothers who speak out... when the problem is the fathers who are unable to show the children a real example of a "man".
Children are learning that violence is rewarded. So... their problem solving skills are being formed by our government that won't put a concrete boundary around the influence of violent offenders over our children.
You are a political figure with the power to make a change. Leave a big footprint in the world please, if you won't stand up for our women and children... they will never be able to stand themselves.
Take a closer look at the statistics. Then take a close look at stiffer laws and more effective consequences for people who hurt the ones they are supposed to protect.
Much Love.... I know you can help... and trust that you will.
SIGN THE PETITION HERE: