Our postcard project needs your help.
We are a group of Eastern Kentucky College students working on a project to raise awareness as well as advocate for women who have lost custody of their children to their alleged abuser after alleging and/or proving domestic abuse.
We are hoping to create a traveling display for use at various events to raise awareness.
We are requesting these women send anonymous postcards with a short message to the world which could include:
- Their regrets as they have gone through the process (hindsight)
- What they would say if their gag order was lifted
- What they would like to say to their judge, abuser, or their children
- What they wish they had as far as help
- What they would like to see changed in the laws.
You may use any postcard that you desire. This will be for public view, so we do not require your name. We would like to know:
- the state your case is in
- the number of children involved and how often you see them
- if child protective services was involved (DHS, DYFUS, CPS etc.)
- how long your case has been going on
- if you have a gag order
- Please give us a few sentences in your own words, write legibly and large.
Suggested topics include:
• Your regrets as they have gone through the process (hindsight)
• What you would say if your gag order was lifted
• What they would like to say to their judge, abuser, or their children
• What they wish they had as far as help
• What they would like to see changed in the laws.
We do NOT want your real name or any identifying information for your own protection.
Please mail your postcards by November 1, 2010, to:
EKU Safe & WGS
Keith 121, Attn Julie Jones:
521 Lancaster Ave
Richmond, KY 40475
Questions? Email us at: Julie_jones291@eku.edu; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org