Fighting the "Hidden American Disgrace"
of Court Abused Children
We, the Courageous Kids Network, are a growing group of young people, whose childhood was shattered by biased and inhumane court rulings, which forced us to live with our abusive parent, while restricting or sometimes completely eliminating contact with our loving and protective parent.
Some of us, whose mothers tried to protect us from abuse, did not see our mothers for years, or were only allowed to see our mothers under oppressive supervised visitation orders. We were not allowed to hug our mothers, or talk about how we felt. Some of us were separated from siblings, grandparents and extended family. We lost our home, pets, toys, friends,… our childhood. We lived in fear, depression, hopelessness and helplessness for years. Some of us ran away from our abusers. Some could not handle the trauma and committed suicide.
We who survived, got older and stronger. Now we are telling the world how much we were hurt, first by our abusers and then by the court that refused to protect us.
Courageous Kids Network Pizza Party!
April 7, 2007, 5-7pm following the
13th Annual Child Sexual Abuse Awareness Conference
A Day With California Legislators
Friday April 6, 2007, 10:30am-3:00pm
See: Breaking the Silence: Children's Stories</ID="MENU">
A PBS Documentary - First aired in October 2005
Please contact Pat Mitchell, CEO of PBS firstname.lastname@example.org
to support us and thank PBS for airing the powerful documentary
*Also see responses to the controversy over this excellent documentary here
See letter from pro-protective-parent Attorney, Michael Lesher here.
COURAGEOUS KIDS NETWORK
P.O. Box 1903, Davis, CA 95617
We, the Courageous Kids Network, are a growing group of young people whose childhood was shattered by biased and inhumane court rulings, which forced us to live with our abusive parent, while restricting or sometimes completely eliminating contact with our loving and protective parent. We know how horrible it is to be forced into the arms of an abuser. We have been there. We are now free.
We have some suggestions for you who have to live with a batterer or molester because an attorney, an evaluator, a mediator, or a judge did not believe you.
- Contact us at www.courageouskids.net from a safe computer (your friend, school, library) and post a blog on our messageboard with your name, age, school, and what you have suffered.
- Mail pictures of your bruises or other pictures to P. O. Box 1903, Davis, CA 95617.
- Keep telling people about the abuse. Don’t stop, no matter what. Tell someone new at least once a month. Tell your teacher. Tell your principal. Tell your school counselor. Tell your coach. Tell your therapist. Tell your friends’ parents. Tell the police. Call 911. Keep on telling. Ask for advice and protection.
- File a complaint against your court-appointed attorney if your were not protected by the attorney. Just write what the attorney did or did not do and fill out the form atwww.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?cid=10179
- Call a good attorney and tell him or her exactly what is happening to you – when, where and how often you are abused. Ask that the attorney replace your court-appointed attorney.
- Write a letter to the judge asking the judge to get rid of the attorney.
- Get evidence. If you get raped, don’t wash. Go right to the emergency ward of a hospital with a rape trauma unit so they can do a DNA test on the sperm. If you can get pornographic computer pictures with you in the pictures, give them to the police right away and let us know who you gave the pictures to.
- Always tell the truth about the abuse, even if you are threatened or hurt, or if there are threats against people you love. This is really important, especially when you talk to court people.
- Don’t hurt yourself! You will one day be free. We care about you and need you to join us.
- This needs to come from you. The court always blames things on our mothers, so be careful not to tell the perpetrators about the Courageous Kids. We are counting on you.
The Courageous Kids
Home | Intro | Suggestions | PAS | Stories | Donate | Messageboard | Links | Contact Technorati Tags: Hidden,American,Disgrace,Court,Children,COURAGEOUS,KIDS,Network,parent,Some,orders,friends,depression,trauma,world,Abuse,Pizza,April,Annual,Child,Sexual,Conference,California,Legislators,Silence,MENU,Documentary,October,Mitchell,Also,controversy,letter,Attorney,Michael,Lesher,Davis,abuser,evaluator,mediator,Contact,computer,friend,library,Mail,pictures,Keep,Tell,teacher,counselor,therapist,Call,advice,protection,File,complaint,Just,Write,emergency,ward,hospital,unit,truth,threats,needs,courage,version,message,Home,Intro,Donate,Messageboard,Links,responses,suggestions,courageouskids,abusers,calbar